Tuesday 9 December 2014

Introducing Guest Artist Troy O'Donnell

Troy O'Donnell from Edmonton plays
Father Christmas & Giant Rumblebuffin in
The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

We are delighted to welcome Troy O'Donnell back to Rosebud for his second show on the Opera House Stage. He first joined us as Mr. Van Daan in The Diary of Anne Frank this past spring and now he's tearing up the stage as Father Christmas and Giant Rumblebuffin in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

What do you do outside of Rosebud?
  
I'm a freelance actor, director, educator, as well as Founding Member and Artistic Associate with the Freewill Shakespeare Festival in Edmonton. 


What have been some favourite shows you've been a part of?

The 39 Steps was an amazing experience. I played one of the two clowns who takes on multiple roles that the two leads play off of. It was non-stop action from start to finish: every second I'd be either on stage or changing costumes. 

If you got to go to Narnia, what would you look forward to doing?

I'd want to steal the White Witch's Turkish Delight. I have a huge sweet tooth. When I was in Turkey I was thrilled to find entire shops dedicated to Turkish Delight and Halva. Imagine a deli with nothing but sweets. Like the fudge shop in Banff. 

What has been a highlight of being in Rosebud?

The sense of community is easily the first thing that jumps out at me as an outsider. In the theatre and out.  

What are some of your non-theatre related interests?

I love to travel. Any kind. I'll backpack and hostel for months on end just as easily as I'll go to an all-inclusive and lay on a beach for a week straight. That's part of why I love working out of town so much. Everything becomes a travel adventure. Even getting groceries becomes a special trip.  

I love to cook. It's arts and crafts that I get to eat. If I'm working out of town I throw appliances like my crockpot into the trunk. Soups for days.


Is there anything else you'd like people to know about you?

Of course I have to mention the Freewill Shakespeare Festival:
(Also on Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment