Thursday 18 December 2014

Introducing Guest Artist Cassia Schramm

Cassia Schramm from Olds, AB
plays Lucy in The Lion, The Witch,
And The Wardrobe.
We're delighted to welcome this young lady back to the fold. Actor, Musician and Rosebud School of the Arts graduate, Cassia Schramm, is currently playing the courageous and hopeful Lucy in our production of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. You may remember her from her most recent appearances as Anne Frank, in The Diary of Anne Frank, or Corie in Barefoot in the Park.

What do you do outside of Rosebud?
  
I'm a freelance actor & musician. I also work as Company & Production Manager with Sandbox Children's Theatre. Sandbox tours through elementary schools bringing stories of Canada's history with strong themes of tolerance and acceptance. I'm also a Singer/Songwriter and spent this past summer playing both solo and with Edmonton's Fools Tongue.

What have been some favourite shows you've been a part of?

Anne of Green Gables with Rosebud Theatre was a great challenge and joy. The goodbye to Matthew, and the reconciliation with Marilla and Gilbert were always moving to me. It was also a joy to play someone beloved to so many people. I also loved playing Corie in Rosebud Theatre's Barefoot in the Park. She was nutty and so much fun!

If you got to go to Narnia, who would you most look forward to meeting?

I would be hanging out with Aslan. His walk to the stone table with Lucy & Susan has always been an important image to me. I hope that I would have the courage and innocence to walk with The Great Lion.

What has been a highlight of being in Rosebud?

The Lion, The Witch and Wardrobe has been such an exciting show to be a part of. I love taking audiences to Narnia. I love hearing kids (and the young at heart) laughing, and seeing them leap to their feet to cheer on Aslan.

I also love the final song. I love standing with the full company and offering the final song straight to the audience. It's one of my favourite feelings as an audience member - being blasted by the music - and I love being a part of that big sound.

What are some of your non-theatre related interests?

I love to travel. Last summer I went for a retreat in a convent in Lourdes, France. When I travel, I'm always amazed by the change in culture, but there's still a universal humanity.


Is there anything else you'd like people to know about you?

I have two recordings I would love to share with everyone. They are both available on iTunes and on bandcamp. My first album, 'Let the Music In,' was recorded in Rosebud by Kjel Erickson and many talented Rosebud musicians. And this summer I recorded 'In Memory Of...' with Luke Ertman, Jeff Ramsey, Nathan Schmidt, Joel Goundry & Sienna Holden.

No comments:

Post a Comment