Monday 9 May 2011

Jake and the Kid: Prairie Seasons rehearsals underway!

A post from Karl Sine - Director of Jake and the Kid: Prairie Seasons

We just officially finished our second full day in the hall rehearsing Jake and the Kid: Prairie Seasons and already I am just thrilled and excited about this story. It so wonderful to be given a script that does half the work for you. W.O. Mitchell’ s wit and humor just jumps off the page and then you marry that with actors that understand timing, and deliver and you have a recipe for hilarity. I have caught myself getting the actors to repeat scenes not because I have a particular note that I hope them to achieve but instead because it was so funny I just want to see it again. What a delight it is to work with these performers. In addition to this the masterful work of my designers is also making this project such a joy, one thing in particular that I would like to mention is the original music written and composed by Paul Zacharias, just today we were implementing some of the music; which happens to be performed by the actors live on stage, and I found myself being so inspired by Paul’s work that it would lead me to places I had never thought of. This is one of the many reason I love theatre. The final product always becomes so much more then the sum of its parts.
What a great pleasure this is , I can’t wait to share more!

No comments:

Post a Comment